Request for the best women’s & gender studies assignment help services from top-notch women’s and gender studies writers available online to offer academic writing help. 24/7 support.
What is Gender and Women’s Studies?
Women’s Studies and Gender Studies focuses on women’s studies in particular Gender studies’ definition
The educational discipline that studies the social construction of gender and how it intersects with other axes, including race, class, sexual orientation, and nationality. It is one of the social sciences that deal with gender-as-a-social construction and how it intersects with other axes such as race, class, sexual orientation, etc. It investigates in particular what ideas about gender have been developed over history and across cultures as well as how people express their genders through actions or behaviors.
Women’s studies is a relatively new field of study that looks at gender dynamics, power structures, and the intersections of race and gender. It was developed in its current form in the United States during the 1970s. In addition to looking at how women are treated on an individual level, as well as how they fit into societal norms, some scholars focus on understanding how gendered social systems such as patriarchy impact society more broadly. This field has several different approaches to understanding gender that may include critical theory, queer theory, cultural studies and other areas of study. It is difficult for scholars to define how exactly “women’s studies” should be studied or what it is about because the term encompasses so many ideas and topics.
Types of Feminist research
- Feminism- Gender, Race, and Class is a contentious field of study. It is difficult to identify and define the scope of a movement that has spawned an enormous amount of feminist research. Women, Gender and Development (WGD), Gender and Globalization, Post-Colonial Feminist Research, to name a few.
- Feminism and Marxism: In the early 1970s, the French philosopher and historian Michel Foucault suggested that “male” power is not monolithic, but is distributed over various social practices. These practices may use violence, but also juridical, medical, scientific, or discursive strategies on different scales (from everyday to worldwide). According to Foucault, this multiplicity of power relations produces a space of indeterminacy which he called “heterotopia”. In other words, it allowed new ideas and points of view to emerge. This approach was very influential in feminist theory allowing feminists to analyze the social construction of gender instead of ‘women’.
- Feminism and Postmodernism: Feminism and postmodernism is a contentious field of study. Postmodernists argue that gender is just one more set of categories that humanity uses to distinguish itself from the other and that gender has no connection to reproductive roles. Instead, according to this view, gender is a performance or set of behaviors or practices.
- Sex, Gender, and Sexuality Studies: The term sex refers to our genetic makeup—the male XY chromosomes in males and the XX chromosomes in females. The term sexuality refers to the physical and emotional feelings we have when we are involved in intimate relationships with others of either sex or both sexes (sexual orientation). The term sexual orientation is the direction we feel drawn to, or attracted to, in others.
- Gender and Ethnicity Studies: Gender studies and ethnicity studies share a common goal—to understand how gender, race and ethnicity interact in situations of oppression and resistance. As a result of these conflicts, individuals have been forced to look at their own identities in a new way, creating an understanding that is liberating instead of oppressive.
Importance Of Gender And Women’s Studies
- To fill a knowledge gap.
- To enable more nuanced and robust research in other fields of study (including both genders).
- To see women or men as fully realized humans, rather than objects of study or merely the subjects of historical narratives.
- To fill a social gap – women were largely absent from public life until the late 20th century, and still continue to be underrepresented in some places (see Gender Equality).
- To avoid perpetuating the silo effect of producing subject-specific research (e.g. history, literature) which does not communicate with other fields of study.
- To achieve a more accurate understanding of past events by taking into account multiple perspectives, including those arising from archeological and anthropological evidence, and from consideration of the roles undertaken by both genders in society.
- To combat gender bias and stereotypes in both academic research and popular culture or media representations of men and women (see Gender Stereotyping).
- To understand how men and women actually speak to, think of, and relate to each other in their everyday lives (see Gender Roles).
- To better understand the perceptions or stereotypes one gender has of the other (see Gender Stereotyping).
- To produce a more nuanced and complex body of research, allowing for greater scope for individual variation within each gender (see Gender Diversity).
- To allow more informed legal opinions across a range of subject areas.
Topics Studied Under Gender and Women’s Studies
- Gender differences
- Political correctness
- Critical race theory
- Social construction
- Women’s health
- Women’s studies
- Feminist theory
- Feminist critique
- Feminist legal theory
- Women’s right
- The social construction of gender roles
Gender and Women’s Studies Assignment Help & Writing Services
Many writers at various levels, from undergraduates to Ph. D.s, find themselves struggling with their writing Gender and Women’s studies assignments during their official or unofficial writing courses or during the course of their education. This can result in poor grades and ruined opportunities for advancement within the field that a student is studying for. However, thanks to EssayMojo.com Women’s and Gender Studies Assignment Help service has come in to change the narrative.
Our Women’s and Gender Studies assignment help writers have degrees from various accredited institutions of higher learning. They have gone through rigorous processes in order to acquire their writing skills, including essays and other forms of academic writing. They also have experience writing in all of the different formats that are prevalent in this field. As such, we can tailor our Women’s and Gender Studies assignment help services to your specific needs as a student studying gender and women’s studies.
Our writers adhere to strict codes of conduct in order to ensure that your papers will be completely original and authentic, without any plagiarism. This is especially important as many students are concerned about the possibility of plagiarism. We do extensive background checks on all of our writers to ensure that they have never engaged in any practices that could lead to charges of academic dishonesty.
If you are looking for Women’s and Gender Studies assignment help for your gender and women’s studies writing projects, look no further than our website