The main function of a persuasive speech is convincing an audience with a specific point of view. First, you should select a captivating topic, then write a compelling speech that explains your perspective and stance.
The best way to write an effective speech is to have a structured argument that offers solutions to an identified problem. You should explain the significance of the challenge, problem, or issue, to the audience. Ensure that you convince the audience that your solution to the problem will make things better.
This guide offers amazing topics that will help you write an intriguing persuasive speech. You will learn how to write a great speech that will impress and convince the audience about your ideas.
Table of Contents
- What is Persuasive Speech?
- How to Write a Persuasive Speech?
- Persuasive Speech Topics
- Persuasive Speech Samples
What is Persuasive Speech?
A persuasive speech refers to a type of speech used to persuade or convince an audience to believe in something so that they can act upon something. A persuasive speaker convinces the audience to embrace his or her point of view.
A persuasive speech is successful when it is informative, thought-provoking, and clearly presents opinions to the audience. The main purpose of writing persuasive speeches is to target an audience and convince it to accept a specific point of view. However, not all persuasive speeches can convince and audience.
The success of a written persuasive speech arises from the way the speaker communicates and presents his or her perspectives.
How to Write a Persuasive Speech?
Presenting a great persuasive speech requires more than merely selecting a thought-provoking and interesting topic. Undeniably, you need a topic that will grab the attention of readers. However, maintaining your audience’s interest in the speech will entail more than just using an attention-grabbing topic. If you write a poor speech, using a strong speech would be futile.
You should organize the information you have properly and present interesting facts to avoid the risk of your audience losing interest. Below are some important steps you should follow to write a great speech.
Select a Good Topic
Picking the right topic of a persuasive speech stands out as the most important consideration out of all the available factors. Choosing a great persuasive speech may prove challenging. You should not select a topic that is boring or overdone.
It is a good idea to select a topic that you have a strong and genuine interest in to inspire you to conduct research about what you will write in the persuasive speech.
Conduct thorough research to gather credible information concerning your topic. You should consider all the different angles of the topic and think about its different points of view. Gather several examples to enhance the relevance and credibility of the persuasive speech.
Analyze the Audience
Perform an audience analysis to understand them and target the written persuasive speech to them. The audience analysis will play an important role in influencing the audience.
Draft an Outline
Write a persuasive speech outline that will help in structuring the content of the speech in print. A typical persuasive speech outline should follow this structure.
Writing the Introduction
You should write a strong and captivating introduction so that it grabs the attention of the audience. Include the details provided below in the persuasive speech introduction.
- Begin with an intriguing hook statement.
- Provide reasons why the audience should listen to your speech
- Draft a strong thesis statement that will give the complete message of the persuasive speech
Write the Body paragraphs
The persuasive speech should have body paragraphs that present the main points of the paper in details. Below are the important steps that organize the body section of a persuasive speech.
- State the main idea of the persuasive speech paper.
- Give examples that provide strong support to the thesis statement and main ideas. In this section, you are free to present examples from personal experience that help to reinforce the credibility of the topic and entire persuasive speech.
- Move forward to the next section of the persuasive speech.
Write the Conclusion
You should follow the body section by a convincing conclusion that reinforce the importance of the main idea and thesis statement, as well as, the entire persuasive speech. The guides bellow can aid in writing a great persuasive speech conclusion.
- Apply rhetoric to get present your point of view.
- Summarize all the ideas.
- Advocate for a call to action.
Proofread and Revise the Draft
After writing a persuasive speech, you should read it out aloud to confirm that it has a good flow of the needed information. Edit by checking that you follow the correct format of a persuasive speech essay. The following things are crucial when revising the written persuasive speech draft.
- Add and or remove content while remembering the time limit.
- Check on the good flow of information.
- Ensure that the paragraphs have logical connection.
- Correct the format and structure of the persuasive speech.
- Correct errors related to sentence structure.
- Proofread the persuasive speech to address spelling and grammatical mistakes.
Persuasive Speech Topics
Below are some amazing topic and ideas about persuasive speech that a student can choose to present during a public speaking event.
- Boys and girls should learn in separate institutes.
- Exercise is the best way to lose weight.
- Drug testing on animals needs to undergo a ban.
- Supermarkets should ban the selling of genetically modified foods.
- Consuming a lot of fast food affects health badly.
- High school students should carry cell phones to school.
- We need to take depression seriously.
- The United States government should ban all cigarette and tobacco products.
- Youngsters should take part in community service more often.
- Interns should not expect payment for their work.
The above topics are popular and preferred when writing persuasive speeches. You can select any of them to write a persuasive speech.
Persuasive Speech Samples
A successful and effective persuasive speech example plays an important role in helping students to write a good persuasive speech essay. The examples of persuasive speech essays below are helpful to high school and college students.
See these amazing examples of persuasive speech essays to make the process of writing one simple and enjoyable.
Persuasive Speech Sample
(Sample 1 here)
Persuasive Speech Example
(Sample 2 here)
Hopefully, the writing guide presented above that features appropriate examples will help you to write a compelling persuasive speech essay. However, in case you still require help to write a persuasive speech or to understand the process of writing an effective persuasive speech, we can help you help from a professional and reliable essay writing service.
EssayMojo.com is a reliable professional and legitimate essay writing company that you can rely on to write your persuasive speech essay. Buy a persuasive essay cheap. Our writers have high qualifications and expertise to write excellent persuasive speech essays that abide by your requirements.
You can simply place your order now and receive a high-quality persuasive speech written by an expert write from our professional essay writing company on time.