Learn how to write a capstone project on any topic, at high school, college, MA and the PhD level, with ideas. This is a step by step guide on coming up capstone essays, research papers, proposals, projects on great topics and format.
TABLE OF CONTENT
- Capstone Project Definition
- What is Unique With Capstone Projects?
- Capstone Project Structure
- How to Write a Capstone Project
- Common Mistakes to Avoid When Writing a Capstone Project
Capstone Project Definition
It is an academic paper which presents a summary of your experience throughout the learning process. Middle or high school students are required to write a capstone project in their last year. However, college and university students write capstone projects after reaching their final year.
Capstone project shows what a student has learned during a certain program. Therefore, it is unique in that students must identify a problem and propose a solution to the same.
What is Unique With Capstone Projects?
Unlike other academic papers, capstone project sums up the knowledge
gained during a program. But, how challenging the paper will be depends upon your instructor requirements. Most importantly, you must select a capstone project idea that is related to your course, irrespective of the paper.
The paper may be in form of a survey, research paper, or case study among others. However, your instructor may request a certain kind of paper depending on his interest. Commonly, capstone projects are about 40 pages long. Nevertheless, your instructor may require a certain number of words.
In addition to writing the paper, mostly, you will be required to present it. This is commonly known as project defense. The presentation aims at improving how you express your thoughts. As a result, you ought to improve your public speaking skills.
Capstone Project Structure
Capstone project has several sections.
- Title page– This section contains information such as project topic, your name, institution, and date. The format depends on the required or chosen formatting style. When writing using APA, the title page is different. It is on its own.
- Abstract– This is the project overview. It comes under the title page. It provides a summary of the major sections. If you have a problem writing an abstract for your project, consider write my capstone Project service online. From such services, professional writers will help produce a good abstract.
- Table of Contents– This is the outline of your project. It presents all subheadings and headings.
- Introduction– In this section, you provide the research problem. It also includes the reasoning behind the problem and background.
- Literature review– This section provides available literature relevant to your topic. Your sources should be academically acceptable. Nonetheless, most students have challenges identifying scholarly sources, you should take time to research or seek help from peers or your tutor.
- Methods– in this section you explain your chosen method for the project. This includes research design, scope, and methods.
- Results and discussion– This section presents findings analysis and discussion of these findings. This section can be a bit frustrating for students is especially if you lack enough time to handle your project.
- Conclusions and Recommendations– This section provides a summary of the discussion and offers recommendations when necessary.
- Reference page– This is the list of all sources used in writing the capstone project.
- Appendices– This section provides additional information. It helps the reader to have a deeper understanding of the project.
How to Write a Capstone Project
Tips for Writing a Capstone Project: It takes a step by step approach to writing a good capstone project. Let’s look at the most common steps.
Pick a Capstone topic
The first step to writing a good project is selecting an interesting topic. Previous research has proved that, reading related professional journals may help you identify a potential topic. However, you don’t have to spend a lot of time and effort into this step. There are so many capstone project experts that are ready and willing to help in choosing the most appropriate topic. This will save you energy for other steps.
The topic should be relevant to your course. This is because your capstone project requires highlight of skills gained during your course. Your instructor should approve the topic.
Create a proposal Project Proposal
If the topic is approved, make your capstone project proposal. The proposal is submitted to your instructor. The complexity of the proposal depends on the instructions from your instructor. A simple structure includes;
- A proposed topic
- Topic background
- The scope of available sources and literature
- Aims to achieve.
But, a broader project will include literature review and methodology. You should not have trouble writing your proposal up to this stage since we have already cracked the rock. Proceed to gather your information.
Here you should select scholarly sources for literature review. These can be books, journal articles, and reliable websites. They should be up-to-date sources to increase credibility. Since, apart from the literature review, the sources will be used as a basis for your project.
Create a Capstone structure
Follow the above-discussed structure to write your paper. Having a clear structure helps in presenting content logically.
The first step here is developing a thesis statement. This is one of the biggest challenges for students. However, with our capstone project service, you will create one within no time. Professional writers will help develop a clear and concise thesis statement. After developing your thesis statement, write your draft.
It is always recommended to write the introduction last. This way you provide the overview of your project correctly. If you face any challenge consider professional help. Our capstone project writers will help you overcome the challenges in writing your capstone project.
Edit your paper
After writing your capstone project, it is very important to make corrections. This involves; reading through all sections to ensure the information is logical and complete. Cut unnecessary information. Add any left important information. Then look for any grammatical errors.
Lastly, format your paper based on given requirements. The project should be well-structured and neat. If you have challenges editing and proofreading your capstone project, worry not!. Get Professional help, it is always recommended in writing a quality academic paper.
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Writing a Capstone Project
- Copy and paste information from previous projects. This is a serious academic offense. You can even be expelled from your program.
- Writing your project in the last minute. This can low the quality of your project.
- Copy and paste references in other projects. Every project is unique. Copying references from other projects can lead to irrelevant sources. Such sources can make you go out of topic.
- Losing focus. Capstone projects can be long. This can divert your attention from the main project elements.
These tips are applicable to any subject. Whether you are in business, psychology, management, accounting, among others you can rely on the tips.
Still, need more help in writing capstone project? Don’t worry. Capstone Project Help Online will help you out. Consider professional help and enjoy writing your capstone project.