Students usually find it difficult to close an essay using the most effective essay conclusion paragraph statements. Effective essay writing requires an impressive introduction, as well as, a thought-provoking and captivating conclusion.
Students get confused when they score poor grades despite having submitted a well-structured and composed paper. In this case, they fail to recognize that the reason behind the undesired outcome is that the paper fails to provide a sense of completeness.
Therefore, it is crucial to learn how to write a conclusion that ensure that it is worth remembering. It may seem difficult to write a great conclusion but planning ahead makes the task easier.
Extensive reading about the step-by-step guideline of how to write an interesting and thought-provoking conclusion can help students.
Table of Contents
- How to Write an effective Conclusion Paragraph?
- Conclusion Paragraph Outline
- Conclusion Paragraph Examples
- Tips for Writing an Interesting Conclusion
How to Write an Effective Essay Conclusion Paragraph?
The last paragraph in an essay should restate the thesis statement and summarize all the important points provided in the introduction or first paragraph. Basically, a conclusion wraps up the entire information discussed in the essay. After writing the introduction and body sections, move to the conclusion and pull back the major points of arguments.
Students ask many questions about conclusions so that they can find answers on:
- How to write a conclusion of an essay?
- How to write a conclusion for an analytical essay?
- How to write a conclusion for a lab report?
- How to write a conclusion for an argumentative essay?
- How to write a conclusion for a report?
- How to write a conclusion for a research paper?
- How to write a conclusion for a compare and contrast essay?
- How to write a conclusion for a thesis?
- How to write a conclusion for a persuasive essay?
- How to write a conclusion for a project?
If you are a student looking for answers to any of the questions listed above, follow the sections below that provide step-by-step guidelines for writing a proper and interesting conclusion.
Use the Introduction paragraph as a Guide
Drafting a conclusion does not just mean a reiteration of the introduction. Use the first paragraph of the essay to outline the main points to achieve an impressive ending.
Examine What Each Paragraph Entailed
In case you wrote a long paper, it is good practice to examine what each paragraph was talking about. This strategy helps someone to have an idea of how to summarize the main points in the final paragraph.
End using a Thought-Provoking Final Sentence
An effective conclusion ends an essay using some interesting ideas that the readers will think about. The conclusion can offer the readers something to do after completing the task of reading the paper.
Remember it is important to wrap up all the information in the conclusion to bring the reader full circle. In this way, you can bring your writing to a smooth close and create an impressive piece of work.
Follow this guideline if don’t know and wish to know how to write a conclusion for a speech essay,
Conclusion Paragraph Outline
It is a great achievement after completing the task of writing a good essay introduction and body paragraphs. However, you should not forget to pay equal attention to the final paragraph.
Once you have finished writing an intriguing introduction, you can use a similar perspective to write a good conclusion to the essay. Below is an outline that is similar to an essay outline that guides students when writing perfect closing to papers.
This is the conclusion starter utilized once more to make a restatement of the thesis statement. The topic sentence should give the main idea using different words from those used in the introduction paragraph.
This section of the last paragraph summarizes the main points of argument provided in the body paragraphs of the paper. Additionally, it explains how the ideas presented in the body section fit together.
The words used to finalize an essay should connect to the major ideas presented in the introductory paragraph. The last sentence of the paper should give a sense of closure by providing a clear and concise final point.
Conclusion Paragraph Examples
Examining conclusion paragraph samples is the best way of learning more about the strategies for writing an interesting and effective conclusion like the concluding paragraphs written by professional writers. The samples provided below are perfect conclusion to help students learn how to write captivating conclusion for essays.
Conclusion Paragraph, Sample 1
Violence was initially not the creation of the media, such as television. The connection between violence and television clearly emerge but people should not make untrue connections in this context. Television is widely acknowledged as a major gadget that influences children and can cause disastrous consequences if they view television without any context. Interestingly, television does not corrupt the child by its own. The process begin when television begins when television becomes the child’s moral guide, an unsuitable role for this gadget. Television cannot serve as a nanny because people pay little attention to regulate children programming. Therefore, we cannot blame television only for its dangerous outcome associated with violence.
Conclusion Paragraph Sample 2
Students may consider college as a great opportunity or just an inconvenience. Therefore, a degree only has value based on the skillset of its owner. The status of unemployment among youthful graduates raises doubts and concerns about the true value of college degrees. However, college educated students offer numerous benefits to society and a nation’s economy. Ordinary people may perceive the pursuit of college degree a worthy investment opportunity only if they remain steadfastly focused on studying very hard.
Ensure that you do not just copy the above examples as they are when doing class assignments, otherwise you will deal with the consequences of plagiarizing the content.
Tips for Writing an Interesting Conclusion
Writing an impressive conclusion requires students to consider the tips listed below that describe what is needed to have a perfect ending to an essay. The tips will help students to check the ending and other parts and determine if they meet or miss the specific recommendations.
- The concluding paragraph should not merely restate facts mentioned in the previous sections of an essay. An effective summary does not just repeat the main points. You should using new and captivating words to finalize an essay or any other type of paper.
- At the final stage of writing, keep the focus rather broader to highlight the bigger picture and purpose of the essay
- Make the conclusion paragraph simple, concise, and clear. Having a one paragraph long conclusion is sufficient for various essays and may go beyond this in the case of extended papers of over 3000 words.
- You should not add new information ideas but present the main points mentioned in the body section of the essay. Note that the conclusion section, summarizes the points already tackled but does no introduce new ones because they will confuse readers.
- Ensure that you utilize transitional words in the essay to enhance clear communication of ideas. Use these transitional words in the opening section of the conclusion.
- Highlight the impact of the facts and argument of the essay concisely by relating them to everyday life so that readers understand its effects or possible solutions
Hopefully, after going through the above steps, you now know how to write an effective conclusion paragraph.
However, if you are still finding it difficult or are struggling to write an interesting essay conclusion seek professional essay writing help from professions. It is better to get assistance by contacting Essaymojo.com to receive high-quality academic assistance while you are at ease doing your other things.
Our experienced team of professional essay writers will complete even the most challenging tasks and address your writing needs or problems within the shortest time. So, do not wait any longer. Go ahead by letting us write an impressive essay conclusion for you. Click the order now button.
Frequently asked questions
How long should a conclusion be?
An ideal conclusion should typically have a 4-5 sentence length and contain an average of between 50 and 70 words. The conclusion should be longer that the other paragraphs of the essay but not so long that entails a summary of everything because this would mean repeating yourself unnecessarily.
How long should the conclusion of a 3000-word essay conclusion be?
The conclusion of an academic essay should be 10% of the entire word count. Therefore, 300 words or 2 paragraphs for a 3000-word essay.