Are you looking for a Free Online Plagiarism Checker Software to check all your essays, assignments, articles and other academic papers and give the exact percentage? Well, use Essaymojo Plagiarism Checker.
What Is Plagiarism?
Basically, plagiarism is a form of an academic fraud. Simply stated, plagiarism can be understood as the act of borrowing another person’s idea and presenting it as your own. One is accused of this academic offence if he/she fails to acknowledge or give credit to the original author of a certain piece of information included in his/her work.
When students are asked to write academic papers, they are usually tempted to copy other writers’ papers and submit them for marking as if they were originally theirs. Such lazy students think that they can get away with this. This is normally a wishful thinking as course instructors can easily use a plagiarism checker online to check the similarity index of a certain submitted paper. You should therefore avoid plagiarism at all costs.
The act of presenting an existing idea from a certain source as original or new idea is also a form of plagiarism. It is worth to note that it is unethical to claim to have come up with a new idea whereas if checked for plagiarism the idea can be found from another source.
In order to avoid this form of plagiarism you should be sure to give credit to the author of the source from where you have derived such an idea. It does not matter whether or not you have paraphrased the verbatim used in the original source to express a certain idea.
As long as the idea is not originally yours then you must be sure to provide an accurate and correct citation. It is now possible to access a free online plagiarism checker for students. This means that you have no reasons whatsoever to submit a plagiarized paper.
Kinds of plagiarism That Students Encounter
There are different types of plagiarism. These types can be generally categorized into intentional and unintentional plagiarism.
- Intentional plagiarism is the blatant theft of another person’s ideas or work with the aim of benefiting from it.
- Unintentional plagiarism is the act of failing to follow the guidelines of using a given conventional referencing style. It is therefore as a result of sloppiness or ignorance. In most cases, unintentional plagiarism is not as serious academic offence as intentional plagiarism. It is possible to avoid these two types of plagiarism by the use of a free online plagiarism checker for students.
Ways Types of Plagiarism Occur
Copy pasting: This is the act of using the exact verbatim in the original source without indicating that it is a quotation. Normally, when one uses the exact words as found in a given source he/she is supposed to use quotation marks to show that those words are not his/her own. It is however worth to note that there is a limitation as to the number of words that you can directly copy from another source even if you include quotation marks and information on where the quoted information can be found.
You can easily avoid this form of plagiarism by the use of a plagiarism checker online software for students. It is also good to note that paraphrasing another person’s idea, presenting it as your own is also considered as copy pasting, and hence it is plagiarism.
Plagiarism because of failing to paraphrase properly: Some students think that paraphrasing is just a matter of replacing a few words with synonyms. This kind of paraphrasing is normally inappropriate and it can easily be detected by free plagiarism checker for students. When paraphrasing, you are supposed to express a certain idea in your own words but be sure to include a citation showing that the idea is not originally yours.
Collusion Plagiarism: This is a form of an academic fraud whereby a student uses assistance from a third party when he/she is not supposed to. Unauthorized collaboration when writing a certain paper is a good example of this form of plagiarism. It is ethical for a student to acknowledge the assistance received when working on a certain academic project. Failure to do so would result into plagiarism.
Self-plagiarism: This is yet another form of plagiarism. One commits this form of plagiarism when he/she presents his/her previous work as if it were new. It is worth to note that you are required to cite such work as opposed to presenting it as new. It is possible to detect this type of academic fraud by the use of a free plagiarism checker for students.
One of the most common types of self plagiarism is submitting work that has been written by another person or a professional agency. It is good to note that the work written by professional agencies should only act as a guide and it is not supposed to be presented as it is for marking.
Unfortunately, most students just include their name and hand in such work for grading. This therefore denies them the opportunity to gain essential academic skills that they could have learned by working on such an academic project on their own.
Myths About Plagiarism
One of the common myths about plagiarism is that you are supposed to only cite statistics and direct quotes. You should not therefore be much bothered about citing information that you have derived from other sources or ideas that are not your own.
This argument is misleading as apart from citing information that is not common knowledge such as statistics and quotes you are also supposed to give full credit to the authors of various information sources where certain unique ideas included in your paper can be found. You can be aided in checking this type of plagiarism by free plagiarism checker tool online.
Most students mistakenly believe that there is no need to cite their work as long as they have included a bibliography. This is such a misconception as all the paragraphs in your paper save for the introduction and conclusion should contain at least one in-text citation.
It is therefore imperative to keep it in mind that a bibliography is not supposed to substitute in-text citations. If you are using the best free plagiarism checker for students with percentage then you should be able to identify and rectify the areas in your work that need to be cited.
How to Use Our Online Plagiarism Checker For Students With Percentage
Essaymojo.com is a free plagiarism checker for students has a friendly user interface. This means that the process of using it is normally quite straightforward. In order to use this checker you are required to paste your content in the slot above as shown below.
The paper is then analyzed and a plagiarism report including a similarity index report is availed to you as a student within a period of less than five minutes. It is advisable to use it; it is the best free plagiarism checker online due to it’s capability to generate an accurate and timely plagiarism report.
What is the Difference Between Plagiarism detector vs manual checking
There are two major methods that you can use to check for plagiarism in your paper. The first method is the use of an online plagiarism detector. Such detectors are computer application software such as an online plagiarism checker. Notably, such checkers aim at comparing the uploaded document with other internet sources in order to generate a similarity index.
It is worth to note that this method of checking for plagiarism is much easier as compared to the manual one.
The second method of ascertaining as to whether or not your academic work contains traces of plagiarism is manual checking. When using this method, you are supposed to carefully go through your work to make sure that it has been properly cited. You should also browse the internet to confirm that your work is not a duplicate of another material.
It is also good to check out the materials that are in the library to make sure that your work is original. It is worth to note that this method of checking for plagiarism is quite tiresome as compared to using a plagiarism checker online.
In order to be sure that your academic work is not plagiarized in any specific way you must use these two methods of checking for plagiarism.
Plagiarism vs Copyright Infringement
Some students mistakenly believe that plagiarism is synonymous with copyright infringement. It is worth to note that these two concepts are quite different. As mentioned above, plagiarism is a form of an academic offence whereby one passes another person’s work or idea as if it was originally his/her.
On the other hand, copyright infringement has its basis on law. It is worth to note a copyright owner of a specific work owns the right to: reproduce the given work, make derivatives of such work, distribute it, perform and display the work among other rights. Going in line with this, one is accused of copyright infringement if he/she violates any of such rights that have been accorded to the copyright holder by the law.
It is also good to keep it in mind that copyright infringement is illegal. In other words, one can be prosecuted for copyright infringement. On the other hand plagiarism is not illegal. A student cannot therefore be prosecuted for plagiarism as there is no state law that prohibits it.
One can only receive an academic punishment such as discontinuation of one’s studies. This is one of the reasons why is always advisable to properly use an online plagiarism checker before submitting your academic papers for grading.
Effects of Student Plagiarism
As stated above, student plagiarism is an academic offence. It is worth to note that writing academic papers is part of the learning process that a student has to undergo. This implies that when one submits a plagiarized paper he/she denies himself a chance to understand the various concepts and gaining various skills that one could have gained by writing his own original work. Therefore, it means that student plagiarism denies the victims a chance to learn.
As a result of this, the student ends up being half-backed and this is why most academic institutions do not tolerate this academic offence. It is therefore important to learn how to use a plagiarism checker online so as to make sure that your work is free from plagiarism before submitting it for marking.
Moreover, if it goes undetected student plagiarism gives culprits an unfair advantage. Students normally plagiarize work from scholars who have great critical thinking and academic writing skills. It therefore mean that plagiarized work has a high possibility of scoring a top grade if it goes undetected. Which is unfair to those students who invest their time and resources in writing their own original work.
In order to avoid plagiarism you must not necessarily use very expensive software. It is possible to get an accurate plagiarism report by the use of a cheap plagiarism checker.
How To Avoid Plagiarism Normally Plus Tricks
There are a number of techniques that you can use to avoid plagiarism. To start with;
- Write your academic paper from scratch. You must also avoid copy pasting other people’s work at all costs. The good news is that it is possible to detect and rectify plagiarism by the use of a plagiarism checker online.
- Learn how to properly paraphrase. It is worth to note that paraphrasing is different from patching and spinning. Notably, both pitching and spinning are unacceptable forms of paraphrasing which are considered plagiarism.
- Learn how to quote. Every time you directly copy words from another source you should use quotation marks. On top of this, you are supposed to provide details of the exact place where the quote can be found. It is important to use a conventional referencing style when doing so.
- Referencing is yet another helpful tip of avoiding plagiarism. You should be sure to include a list of all the used sources of information when working on any type of an academic paper. Doing so will not only help you in avoiding plagiarism but also in improving credibility of your work.
- Accurately cite your paper. In other words, a plagiarism-free paper must have in-text citations. Similar to referencing, you should be guided by a conventional style of writing when citing your paper. One of the most convenient ways of checking if your paper is well cited and referenced is by the use of a cheap plagiarism checker.
Consequences of plagiarism
As noted above, plagiarism should be avoided at all costs as there are a number of dire consequences that can come as a result of it. It is worth to note that not a singles institution of high learning takes this offence lightly. Going in line with this, the academic punishment for students who are found guilty is quite severe.
- One of the consequences of plagiarism is failing in a given course. There is no way that your course instructor will allow you to pass a given course if you submit plagiarized work. This is therefore why it is important to use a plagiarism checker online before handing in your work for grading.
- Secondly, plagiarism could lead to expulsion. That’s right your studies could be discontinued if you are proved guilty of this academic malpractice. This is such a blow as your previous years of study could go into waste.
- Plagiarism can cause one’s academic award to be revoked. It is work to note that your degree or diploma could be revoked by the university that issued it if is later found that your research paper, thesis, capstone or dissertation was plagiarized. This again could be detrimental especially to a professional whose practicing license would subsequently be revoked as well.
More consequence of plagiarism can be found here.
When is plagiarism Useful?
There is a school of thought that argues that plagiarism is important especially when one is trying to make a certain concept or idea popular. This school of thought also argues that it is possible for two people to come up with exactly the same idea.
From the above discussion, it is clear that plagiarizing other people’s work will most assuredly land you in trouble. Specifically, intentional plagiarism has the potential of making you suffer life-destroying academic consequences.
You should therefore avoid getting carried away by the question of when is plagiarism useful or if it is useful at all. In other words always be sure to use a free online checker with percentage before submitting your work for grading. Go through also; When is plagiarism Useful and Whose Knowledge Is It?
What should Victims of plagiarism do?
It is good to note that the process of dealing with someone who has plagiarized your work can be quite exhausting. There are a number of things that you should do in order to seek redress.
To begin with;
- You must be sure to document the plagiarized document.
- Prepare materials that prove that you are the original owner of a certain idea or plagiarized content.
- Contact relevant institutions for support. It is good to note that the burden of proof normally falls on the shoulder of the victim of plagiarism. This means that you should be ready to proof that a certain document is plagiarized by for instance using a free online plagiarism checker with percentage.