Have you been assigned an essay and wondering how long does it take to write an essay? Go through the tips below with a table show the number of words of an essay that can be written within specific time.
How Long Does it Take to Write an Essay Assignment?
One of the reasons many students struggle with essays is that an essay is just a random bunch of writing on paper. But to be a successful writer, you must understand the purpose of an essay. Think of an essay as simply a way to talk to someone, and they say it is a way to communicate a message to your reader. Suppose you use complicated sentences and difficult words to make your essay look extravagant. You’re hurting the purpose as you’re not communicating your message very clearly. The essay may be long or short, and you can write an essay of 500 words or a thousand words or maybe more long. There is no limit to writing an essay.
- How to save time, effort, and energy while writing your essay?
- Understand the task.
- Find your sources
- The general sources
- Using Internet
- Make copies
- Annotate the material
- Crafting a project’s framework
- Creating the ideal environment.
- Quality matters, not quantity
- Draft first edit later
- Save writing your conclusion and introduction for the end
- How long does it take to write an essay?
How to save time, effort, and energy while writing your essay?
When writing an essay, you’ll inevitably face two significant obstacles
- Hitting the right word counts
- Finding the time to get it done
In this article, we’ll show you how to overcome these obstacles. By the end, you’ll be able to craft the perfect paper and make your life a whole lot easier.
There are a number of different ways to go about writing an essay. Some people start from the very beginning evolving their arguments as they go along. In contrast, others work backward by building upon a predefined conclusion. At the same time, these tactics may work for experienced authors. There is a more straightforward formula to produce engaging, well-structured essays.
This method will also meet your professor’s high expectations. And it won’t keep you up the whole night staring into a screen unless you think you’re the next Stephen King. It tried and tested process is the best way to write your paper faster, all without sacrificing quality. So let’s look at some practical wisdom. Before you even start, there’s a lot to do, like brainstorming outlining, researching, composing, and so on. And even after you’ve developed a draft, you’ll still need to edit and review your work. While this may seem like a drawn-out process churning out an essay in record time is very doable.
So here’s how you can save hours of painstaking effort.
1. Understand the task
Nothing’s worse than spending all night writing your paper. Only to realize you’ve misread the assignment and took off in the wrong direction. Think about what is ask of you and try to comprehend the details. When rereading the requirements, you’ll often see things from different perspectives or catch something you may have missed the first time.
Innovative research is good research. Adequate research is the key to a successful essay, but it can also be time-consuming. Gathering information always seems more manageable than writing itself. Because it’s many googling and copying sources, getting stuck in the mindset of just one more source can waste time and take hours away from the main project. Suppose your assignment needs to be four pages long. Don’t spend more than two hours on research. To spend less time fact-finding, follow these easy steps to streamline the process.
3. Find your sources:
It includes the following:
1. The general sources:
The available sources include the following.
- Academic sources like peer-reviewed
- Articles on google scholar
2. Using Internet:
Using the internet instead of books will also vastly increase the speed of this stage.
3. Make copies:
Copy and paste website reference links into the word document. And take pictures of book pages. So you don’t lose track of critical material,
4. Annotate the material:
Having a long list of sources without reference information will only confuse you. Add little notes or comments describing each source to help refresh your memory when it’s time to write.
To save time on research, always remember that you only need enough information to begin your essay.
4. Crafting a project’s framework:
When crafting a project’s framework, we break each task into sections and place them in sequential order. This time-consuming method causes us to get stuck in certain areas, resulting in panicked midnight homework binges. The flat outline gives you the freedom to get more straightforward, quicker tasks. Out of the way, before taking on the longer complex sections, when you begin the writing process, you won’t know what you want to say as you learn a topic and get more comfortable with it. The path of your essay will become more apparent. So to summarize, a flat outline gives you a level of flexibility and freedom, which makes your assignment gets done faster, more accessible, and with less stress.
5. Creating the ideal environment
Before you begin, make sure you have created an environment that is a distraction-free zone. It enables greater concentration and helps get those creative juices. It doesn’t matter if you don’t have those juices. Distraction leads to procrastination. And procrastination is the number one rival of efficiency. Find a comfortable, quiet riding spot. So you can reach a level of zen-like focus that won’t bother you. Choose a place like a library bedroom or coffee shop where you won’t be disturbed. Ensure that you’ve got a comfortable chair and an uncluttered surface to work. Stock everything you need including snacks, equipment, and all printed or written sources. And get to work.
6. Quality matters, not quantity:
Avoid adding redundant material into the content of your work. Instead, focus on delivering a rich, compelling argument. Otherwise, you risk boring the reader substance is what counts concisely communicating. Your points will also save you a ton of time instead of staring at the ceiling trying to think of an impressive five-syllable word. At this stage, you shouldn’t worry about the language appearing too bare. Later when you edit your draft, you can grab the thesaurus and enhance your vocabulary. At the same time, some essays may require you to hit a specific word count. Avoid adding needless repetitive information to your essay. Instead, consider adding a more relevant section because, again, content of the essay matters.
7. Draft first edit later:
Drafting and revising are two entirely different processes and should be done separately. People often mistake editing too early to do the process repeatedly. Once you have your first draft laid out in front of you, the complete picture will come into focus. And you’ll want to make some structural changes to your paper. But if you edit as you write, you’re creating twice as much work for yourself. When following a flat outline, you let the words flow into your essay. It’s helpful to use a basic program like Evernote to write your first draft. You can paste it into your more editing-friendly platforms like Microsoft word or google docs when you’re doing it. Drafting your essay will take up the majority of your time. So using a basic program will free you from distractions like highlighted spelling and grammatical errors. Get a second opinion when editing and reviewing. AI software like Grammarly and autocrat is an easy way to double-check your work. Find ways to improve it and, best of all, save you a ton of time.
8. Save writing your conclusion and introduction for the end:
While it might seem obvious that you will write your conclusion at the end, a great time-saving tip is to always leave your essay’s introduction for last. Everyone knows the feeling of sitting down to write only to hit a mental brick wall, as we mentioned earlier. You may not always know what you want to say until you start typing. But you may be wondering how you draft an introduction for a topic. You don’t understand yet how simple. It may seem odd. While the conclusion summarizes and reinforces your main arguments and points. The introduction sets the tone for the content writing a paper evolving by its very nature. Many find by the time they have finished an essay. The theme or main arguments of the work is very different from the initial intentions. To jump-start the process, dive straight into the essay’s main body. You’ll make some progress and avoid getting way down with writer’s block to save both the intro and conclusion for the end.
So there you have it writing an essay will require a ton of effort. But it doesn’t need to consume every moment of your life. By sticking to these tips and strategies, you’ll be able to save time, reduce stress and get your assignment done quicker. Then you can get back to the things you love to look at in your essay, like a to-do list. So that you can feel a sense of accomplishment as you complete and check off each section. Understand your requirements research efficiently and find your mental writing oasis. Finally, develop a structure as you go along and focus on quality over quantity. Trust us. If you stick to these time-saving techniques, you can do it quickly.
How long does it take to write an essay?
There is complete detail about essays according to word counts. You can write an essay about 100, 200, 1000, etc. So detail is following.
- Twenty minutes requires to write a 100-word essay. Forty minutes requires to write a 200-word essay.
- If you want to write a 250-words essay, then an essay of 250-words tale fifty minutes to write.
- One hour requires to write a 300-word essay.
- One hour and twenty minutes are required to write a 400-word essay.
- One hour and forty minutes are required to write a 500-word essay.
- Two hours require to write a 600-word essay.
- Two hours and twenty minutes are required to write a 700-word essay.
- Two hours and forty minutes are required to write an 800-word essay.
- Three hours require to write a 900-word essay.
- Three hours and twenty minutes are required to write a 1,000-word essay.
- Four hours and ten minutes are required to write a 1,250-word essay.
- Five hours require to write a 1,500-word essay.
- Five hours and fifty minutes are required to write a 1,750-word essay.
- Six hours and forty minutes are required to write a 2,000-word essay.
- Eight hours and twenty minutes are required to write a 2,500-word essay.
- Ten hours require to write a 3,000-word essay.
- Eleven hours and forty minutes are required to write a 3,500-word essay.
- Thirteen hours and twenty minutes are required to write a 4,000-word essay.
- Fifteen hours require to write a 4,500-word essay.
- Sixteen hours and forty minutes are required to write a 5,000-word essay.
- Twenty hours require to write a 6,000-word essay.
- Twenty-three hours and twenty minutes are required to write a 7,000-word essay.
- Twenty-five hours require to write a 7,500-word essay.
- Twenty-six hours and forty minutes are required to write an 8,000-word essay.
- Thirty hours require to write a 9,000-word essay.
- Thirty-three hours and twenty minutes are required to write a 10,000-word essay.
- Forty-one hours and forty minutes are required to write a 12,500-word essay.
- Fifty hours require to write a 15,000-word essay.
- Sixty-six hours and forty minutes are required to write a 20,000-word essay.
- Eighty-three hours and twenty minutes are required to write a 25,000-word essay.
- One hundred sixty-six hours and forty minutes are required to write a 50,000-word essay.
When you write an essay, you should take pre-writing and post-writing strategies. Suppose you want to increase the speed of your essay. In that case, you should understand the task, Research, Finding your sources, crafting a project’s framework, creating the ideal environment, Quality matters, not quantity, drafting the first edit later, and saving writing your conclusion introduction for the end. There are several ways to go about writing an essay. Some people start from the very beginning evolving their arguments as they go along.
In contrast, others work backward by building upon a predefined conclusion. You can write an essay fast by taking care of these steps. This way, you can write a high-quality and excellent essay in a short time. There is the time required for a lengthy essay. You can write an essay of 500, 5000 or much lengthier.